Thursday, December 27, 2012

Big Events in September

He was so good, poor kid was miserable...having
such a high fever for so long, being poked and
prodded, not eating or drinking...still so loving
 My boys like to scare me.  Malachi had a fever over 104 for 5 days.  I had called the Dr about it but they thought it was just from getting his shots on Friday...if it didn't go down by Wednesday I could bring him in.  Well his fever was so high and he seemed to be having problems breathing Tuesday in the middle of the night so I dedided I couldn't wait any longer and took him to the ER while Brigham stayed home with the sleeping boys...he expected us back within an hour...unfortunately we didn't even get checked in for over an hour, and we were the only ones in the waiting room....anyway they couldn't get his fever down.  When we checked in his o2 was only 80 and his temperature was 105.7.  so they did some bloodwork and x-rays...blood work came back irregular so they decided to admit him to pediatrics. 
Daddy and the boys came to see us

Gabe loves eating crushed ice
So after throwing out some pretty serious names like Kawasaki's and Leukemia...Malachi's dr also threw out a couple of viruses that can mess with the blood count....After being there all day, Malachi's fever finally broke and he broke out in a rash.  His Dr. realized right away that he had Roseola, which is very common.  Looking at everything together made is seem bad but once we figured out the cause of the fever we were able to look at everything seperate and they all had an explanation.  He also had a string of viral pneumonia...Once we could get him to drink something on his own we were able to take him home...he didn't want to stay at the hospital anymore tied down. Gabe actually had Roseola before, I recognized the rash...but with Gabe we didn't know or take him in...just all the sudden he broke out in the rash...never figured out what it was from until I saw Malachi's...not sure why Malachi was affected so much from it...maybe cause he had so many things going on at once....So glad he is okay.
Zeke's first day of preschool

Gabe's first day of preschool

I signed the boys up for the little preschool that the
 highschool for their child development class, it was
more like nursery...play time with a craft, but the boys
enjoyed it

 The boys actually went to their first day of school, the same day that Brigham went back to school to get his Master's Degree...they boys enjoyed it...Brigham can't wait to be done :)  we have all been a little busier


No comments: