Monday, March 2, 2009

Exciting

It is so exciting for me to see Ezekiel develop. I grew up around kids everywhere. I never could have imagined how different it would be to be a mom. It has been so incredible to see the growth Ezekiel makes. He learns so much so fast. He is constantly changing. He has the cutest looks of concentration as he finds new things and tries to figure them out. I love being a mom. Though I'm scared of how I will handle having two babies, I'm excited to see all the cute milestones again.
After Ezekiel's birthday party he was walking between Brigham and I. He had done this a couple of times before, just take a couple steps each way. This time we kept scooting back further and further until eventually he walked across the kitchen! Then he got his confidence up and did this several times. I was so excited to see him walk. Those first wabbly steps were so cute. After that day Zeke didn't walk very much for the next few days. Then about a week later he started to walk between us again. He would walk across the room as long as it was between us. He even walked between the two couches a few times on his own. Finally on Valentine's Day he just decided he didn't need us on each side anymore. He just started walking whereever he wanted to go! Since then he has only progressed. He walks all over the house. This last week he finally figured out how to stand up on his own, without holding on to anything. Now I think he prefers to run. He is getting really fast. A couple times I see him screeching around the corner leaning on one foot. His balance surprises me with some of the angles he hits!
I am so blessed. I have such an amazing, talented, smart boy. He is such a sweetheart. He gives me and Brigham lovies everyday. He is happy and so cute! I also have been blessed with such a wonderful husband. I have been pretty emotional/hormonal these last couple weeks. Brigham has been so great to not just put up with it but to do everything he can to help me feel better. He spoils me so much. He does housework, watches Zeke, and pampers me. Sometimes the more he does the worse I feel because I haven't been able to do much myself. But he is amazing and I really am so lucky to have such a great family! It won't be long until that family grows and gets even better!

1 comment:

Michele, Bree, Mikey, and Joey Andrew said...

Those are sweet pictures Nita. I know it is not always easy being the mom. We get tired and frustrated but you are doing great and we love seeing your updates on the blog. We love you Nita! See you soon.